At UE, we think college is about more than what happens in the classroom. It's about what happens inside of you as you figure out who you are, what you are capable of, and what you are meant to do in the world. We are committed to offering you a variety of opportunities that will help you explore these questions as they relate to your faith tradition. The Office of 宗教生活 exists to EMPOWER ethical changemakers, EQUIP for vocational discernment, and EMBODY beloved community.
- 神圣的价值 – “We affirm that all persons are individuals of sacred worth, created in the image of God.” (United Methodist Book of Discipline ⁋161)
- Holistic education – A holistic (or “whole person”) education includes intellectual, 物理, 情感, 社会, and spiritual growth. These elements of our humanity cannot be isolated from one another but must be integrated if we are to achieve our full, God-given potential.
- Intrinsic spirituality – “Spirituality” refers to the processes, 故事, 符号, and rituals through which human beings make meaning out of life. Accordingly, all people are inherently spiritual.
- Methodist heritage – UE’s Methodist tradition is a rich, relevant source for spiritual development and ethical engagement.
- Interfaith hospitality – The world’s major religions and philosophies share a common desire to cultivate human flourishing for all people grounded in love, 和平, 和正义. We are stronger when we work together and learn from one another than when we tear each other down.
The 十字架与火焰 is a registered trademark and the use is supervised by the General Council on Finance and Administration of The United Methodist Church. Permission to use the 十字架与火焰 must be obtained from the General Council on Finance and Administration of The United Methodist Church: Legal Department, GCFA, Post Office Box 340029, 纳什维尔, TN 37203-0029, Phone: 615-369-2334, Fax: 866-246-2516.